About This Position
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
Applicants must have the ability to pass background check and drug screen/physical, work overtime (typical work week is 50+ hours), and ideally possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Works safely in an industrial environment and around machinery; observes and instructs others in proper equipment use.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for assigned tasks.
- Collaborates with Fitters in dredge and dredge component construction, ensuring all work meets the guidelines and specifications of a first class welder; including flux cord and stick in all positions.
- Welds components with welding equipment as specified by procedures, layouts, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, or oral instructions. Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and/or equipment products.
- Keeps welding equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirement.
- Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Assists with all aspects of construction to complete projects.
- Requisitions materials needed to complete projects in accordance to DSC procedures.
- Maintains level of work performance in accordance with DSC’s standards and/or production deadline specifications with minimal supervision.
- Meets all project deadlines; complete all assignments in a timely fashion to meet production deadlines.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required when operating a company vehicle
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area, or department on an as needed basis.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical, audiogram, pulmonary function test, respiratory fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.