About This Position
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
Applicants must have the ability to pass background check and drug screen/physical, work overtime (typical work week is 50+ hours), and possess a valid Louisiana Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Works safely in an industrial environment and around machinery; observes and instructs others in proper equipment use.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for assigned tasks.
- Ensures all work meets the guidelines and specifications of a first class fitter; including layout (comprehensive knowledge) and burning.
- Reads, understands and works from drawings with minimal supervision with the ability to make simple modification drawings and complete work as necessary.
- Completes all steel work needed to complete projects.
- Performs first class welding in all positions with flux cord and stick.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and/or equipment products.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirement.
- Assists with all aspects of construction to complete projects.
- Requisitions materials needed to complete projects in accordance to DSC procedures.
- Travels as required to customer sites to perform modifications and maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Maintains level of work performance in accordance with DSC’s standards and/or production deadline specifications with minimal supervision.
- Meets all project deadlines; complete all assignments in a timely fashion to meet production deadlines.
- Works overtime and/or weekends as requested.
- Maintains confidentially of information.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and sets positive examples for all manufacturing personnel.
- Trains and evaluates others in your field and under your supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Travel may be required to customer sites to perform modifications and maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required when operating a company vehicle
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area, or department on an as needed basis.
- This position is not a supervisory role, however it may be requested that the Fitter position oversees the training of new team members to DSC policies and production standards.
- Knowledge of rigging loads for cherry picker and shop over-head hoist.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical, audiogram, pulmonary function test, respiratory fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.