About This Position
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Works safely in an industrial environment and around machinery; observes and instructs others in proper equipment use.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for assigned tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to hydraulic systems and/or assist with diagnoses of hydraulic system problems and make necessary repairs and/or rebuilds of machinery at a first-class level.
- Comprehend and implement detailed written and oral instructions; demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills.
- Complete all work assignments in a timely fashion with minimum supervision.
- Orders required parts as needed for repairs or assembly of parts.
- Maintains, replaces, repairs, assembles and test hydraulic machinery used in the dredging construction industry.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and makes repairs and/or rebuilds machinery associated with dredging industry such as hydraulic piping, hoses, pumps, etc.
- Conduct prevention maintenance/repairs to all departmental machinery.
- Read and understand drawings, design specifications, service manuals, flowcharts, tables, graphs and manufacturer instructions to repair, install and test machinery used in the dredging industry.
- Maintain an updated journal of work progress on all assigned jobs
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required when operating a company vehicle
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area, or department on an as needed basis.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Knowledge in the use of job related testing and alignment instruments such as, dial indicators, filler gages, calipers, etc.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics), and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps and compressors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of rigging and handling heavy loads with cranes and forklifts.
- Own a complete set of mechanic tools, to include required hand and pneumatic tools to work on large construction type equipment as well as tools to repair smaller type automotive vehicles, include tools up to and including ½” drive.
- Obtain all required trainings and certifications required for Hydraulic Technician 1 and those required to access customer sites (as required)
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical, audiogram, pulmonary function test, respiratory fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.