About This Position
DSC is looking for an Electrical Field Engineer with general knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code), constructions principles and power systems. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to interpret and create drawings plans and Specifications. This position will travel to off-site work locations.
- Awesome co-workers provided at no additional cost.
- Safety-first organization that also likes to have fun and eat good food.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Works safely in an industrial environment and around machinery
- Must support new construction and older equipment upgrades and repowering.
- Conduct mechanical and electrical assembly utilizing the power and manual tools
- Ability to create drawings, plans, and specifications
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet required deadlines
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the project contract and specifications
- Oversee and monitor project costs, including projections, and reporting,
- Interacts with crew, customers, foremen, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and encourage safe work behavior.
- Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
- Assist estimating in bidding projects
- Procure and monitor materials and equipment
- Monitor and document job site safety and accident prevention
- Builds and maintains relationships with DSC clients
- Keeps current with latest applicable technology and techniques
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for assigned tasks.
- Maintains confidentially of information.
- Maintains level of work performance in accordance with DSC’s standards and/or production deadline specifications.
- Meets all project deadlines; complete all assignments in a timely fashion to meet production deadlines.
- Maintains compliance with applicable building and safety codes/regulations used in the dredging industry.
- Maintains log of work progress on assigned projects.
- Comprehends and implements detailed written and oral instructions; demonstrates proper judgment and decision-making skills.
- Completes all work assignments in a timely fashion with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Willingness to Travel (capability of traveling for weeks/months at a time).
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of NEC (national electric code)/construction principles/practices required.
- Knowledge of electrical power systems, generators, VFD’s and PLC controls.
- Ability to interpret and create drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet required deadlines.
- Effective computer skills including report writing and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary group environment as well as individually.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical, audiogram, pulmonary function test, respiratory fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.